Friday, June 15, 2012


Cheney.... you better watch out! You have no idea what's just hit you!
After several months of waiting and wondering when and where we'd be moving, we are finally in our new home! Jason's job has relocated us to KS. Not exactly where WE had planned on going originally, but God works in mysterious ways! He has placed us right where we belong. It's going to be different from anything I've ever known, but it's going to be good! There are several great things about our move....
First and foremost, we are only about 45 minutes from my Brother in law and Sister in law and their family. One of their daughters, Jenna. We have never lived close to them before, so we've never played the role of God-parents in her life. But now we are close, and I can't wait to share God's love with her and her brothers and sister, Jason, Ryan, and Emma,(not to mention Mom and Dad, too) What a blessing to have this opportunity!
Second, we are SOOOO much closer to 'home'  than before! In MO, it was about a 6 hour drive to visit our families. Now we are only about 3 hours... that makes for a MUCH easier trip! :)
Finally, can we say culture shock?!?! I grew up in OKC. When we moved to MO, I thought that was a small town. HA! Cheney is a V E R Y small town... 2,000 people small! So small that my nephew, Jason, couldn't believe the one street he had driven down was the ONLY big street in town. Carrie Underwood sings about her "one stoplight town" in Checotah, we don't even have a stoplight at all! There is a pizza shop in the bowling alley, which is apparently the hang out on Friday nights. There's a chicken place in the gas station, and there is a small Chinese/American food place right next to City Hall. Oh yeah, and the burger place that charges you $.25 for lettuce or tomato on your burgers. Our grocery store is the size of my old pharmacy, I don't even know if there is a pharmacy here! But despite all of that, I think we're in a great place! Our house is amazing, the people are SO friendly, and we've already found our home in a church. In fact, 3 days after moving in to the house, Vacation Bible School started, and I was right there volunteering in the preschool room. If I had a dollar for every time somebody told me I was crazy for being there right after moving, I could afford a burger from the burger shack! ;o) But I figure, why wait to volunteer? Serving God is amazing, VBS is only 1 week, and the boxes will still be there waiting to be unpacked next week! All in all, we're where we belong, for now. Where God leads us, only He knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment