Wednesday, January 26, 2011

So much to look forward to!

These past few weeks have had me thinking, alot. Maybe that's why i've had all these headaches..... ;o)
Anyways, when we first moved up here to MO, I had myself convinced that I was going to be a hermit. I didn't want to make friends or connections at the church/school, because I didn't want to be here. I didn't want to make friendships with people and then have to leave. I hate good-byes! So I tried my best to stay un-involoved and disconnected from EVERYONE. Well, my dear neighbor and great friend, Leslie, just wouldn't let that happen! I am so very thankful for her now. I have found such a dear friend in her, a true friend. She's the kind that I know I will keep in contact with for the rest of my life, no matter where life takes us. (Even though she's a TX fan!! haha!)
When we got here, Janie was mid-year in Kindergarten. I was so very nervous for her to switch schools in the middle of the school year. Would she be able to make new friends, would she be able to catch up to the other students, developmentally? Would she like her new teacher? I was completely amazed when we got to the school. All the kids were so sweet, and took Janie right in like she had been there from day one! And the teacher, oh my goodness, I thank God everyday that she had such a great teacher. She got Janie caught up to the other kids in her class in 3 WEEKS! She was reading within 3 weeks of being here, when we got here she was just doing a few sight words... and now she can read! I was amazed.... Mrs. Fortmeyer, if you have met her, you agree whole heartedly that she is truly a gift from God to any child that comes into her life! She is the most genuine, kind hearted, helpful and willing teacher/person I've ever met. I am so very excited that Jaclynn will have the opportunity to be in her class next year, even if that means we're going to be here in MO for another year. It's almost worth it, just to have Mrs. Fortmeyer again!
I've also made friends with a beautiful soul named Sheila. She is just like me, in so many ways! We get along so well, and our kids do too!! We each have 3, granted, 2 of hers are boys, but all of them are so close in age together. I love getting our family together with her family, we always have so much fun! She is a very kind person, always willing to help and can't so no to anyone ;o)
All in all, I've decided that I need to open my life to the experiences out here. Live it to the fullest and embrace what God has give me! Because moping around wishing I was back home in OK is going to do nothing but get me depressed. I don't need that!
Changes have already started taking place... we've joined St. Paul, the church out here that we've been attending. It's a great church! I've also taken a volunteer cheerleading coach position for a squad that Janie will be cheering on! And i'm getting more involved with the school/church as well. I'm going to be assisting the director of VBS for this summer and also helping out with the school carnival (when I can...) LOL!
There are still a few things I wish I could change about being here.... some people just seem so unwilling to let "new" people in.... but despite that, i've made some wonderful friends and been presented with some great opportunities and learning experiences! I've given my life to the glory of God, I've seen the ways He has been working in my life, and I can't wait to see what else is to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment